Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mr. Popper's Penguins: Summer Reading Ch 3 & 4



I am humbled by those that love my lesson plan for Mr. Popper's Penguins.  I must post more chapters huh?  We are currently working on our Penguin Cards from chapter 2, and while J cuts I am posting here, for you.  I must give credit where credit is due.  My lessons started from a lesson plan I found on HomeSchool Share.  I modified it to suit our learning style.   Now on with the Lesson!


To keep Lil Bug busy while her brother works on his summer reading, I made her a felt board with a felt Penguin and felt fish.  She loves taking the fish off and putting them back on, over and over.  We work on counting and colors with the fish...and of course the penguin eats the fish. 

The board is an old cork board that I glued a large piece of felt to. 


To make the penguin I used a template I found at Homemade by Jill.  The fish pattern I got at Craftstylish.  You can look through Google images for penguin and fish patterns as well, finding the one you like the best.     


Armed with my Hot Glue gun, and my felt pieces...we created a nice looking penguin!

I should also mention that in Chapter 2 of the summer reading camp lesson, I had J put together a puzzle. 

Found it!  I wasn't sure I would find in online, as we've had it awhile.  But this is it!  It took him a good 30 min. to put together, and then he spent another 30 min. exploring.  I'd say it was worth it and we will use it again!

Linking up:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...