Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back To School

While my son has been in school going on 3 weeks now, the next county over started this week.  We attend church in that county, so most of J's friends started school this week.  To kick off the school year, they got to have a Back to School party during Wednesday night Bible Study last night. 

I had to really step out there to try my hand at decorated cupcakes.  And of course I just had to bring something school related!  I decided on Apple Cup Cakes after seeing several easy ideas online. 

I started with a white cake mix, doctored it up a bit with my secret ingredient.  Classic buttercream icing does not take the red food coloring I poured in it, then poured some more.  We ended up with a rather pinkish color, but I sprinkled red sugar on top.  I used Tootsie Rolls for stems, and cut leaves out of laffy taffy that I'd squished and rolled out slightly.  Gummy worms (or in our case Sour Gummy worms) made it a huge hit with the kiddos!

I used a free printable from It IS What It Is blog to make these Smarty Pants favors. 


I fought this little rascal off the cupcake I was attempting to take a picture of...




Hope your Back to School week is a good one!


Linking up!

A Crafty SoireeSomewhat Simplemonogram




2 comments:

  1. Love those cupcakes, Corey! Thanks for linking back to my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! What a fun idea :) I am going to remember this. Thank you for coming and linking it up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...